Monday, June 21, 2010

Nilla Wafers

So, I'm on a baking kick lately (working on that goal of becoming more comfortable with gluten free baking), and I have more results to share.

I think I may end up trying every single recipe in Easy Gluten-Free Baking- something I've never come even close to before. These recipes are sooo good.

Yesterday I tried the tastes-like-Nilla Wafers recipe. Yum!
they don't look like much, but these taste like Nilla Wafers!

The recipe did neglect to mention that you should only put nickel to quarter size dabs of dough on the cookie sheet, so my first two trays were quite a bit larger than regular Nilla Wafers. They tasted good, but the middles didn't get as crunchy as they should have- they were softer than a Nilla Wafer. The tray I made using smaller dabs turned out much better- much more 'authentic'.

These were very yummy, easy to make, and I'll be making them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment