Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cheddar Corn Muffins

One of my goals is to do some gluten free baking and get more comfortable with it.

I've talked about Easy Gluten-Free Baking by Elizabeth Barbone here and here, and this is the cookbook I'm using for my experiments.

Last week I made some chedder corn muffins. They were supposed to have some jalepeno, but I didn't have any, and LMS wouldn't eat them if I'd included them.

The taste and texture were good. A tiny bit dry, but probably because I tend to err on the side of too much baking time rather than too little. I can't stand undercooked baked goods. Next time I'll take them out a few minutes sooner.

I froze the ones we didn't eat the first day, and we've been having them with an egg or two for breakfast- yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment