Saturday, June 19, 2010

Morning Glory Muffins

Morning glory muffins are basically a spice muffin with lots of stuff added. In this case, there's crushed pinapple, coconut, raisins, apple, carrot, and pecans.

So Yummy!

And so moist!

I think these are the first truly moist baked good I've had since going gluten free (besides brownies, and they don't count).

They're sweet enough that you could even call them a cupcake- sort of a souped-up carrot cake cupcake. We frosted a couple with cream cheese frosting and took them to a birthday party today. I'm sure the sand castle cake tasted good (very cute idea), but our cupcakes were better :)


The recipe makes two dozen cupcakes/muffins, so I froze all but a couple. They defrost quickly and without any problems.

Like all my recent baking experiments, this recipe was also found in Easy Gluten-Free Baking by Elizabeth Barbone. I can't say enough how much I love this cookbook!

Don't forget to come back on Monday to enter my giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment