Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gluten free cheese crackers

I got the recipe for these from my favorite gluten free baking book: Easy Gluten-Free Baking by Elizabeth Barbone.

These crackers are so good! They really do taste like Cheez-Its/Better Cheddars. The texture was a bit different- they flaked vertically instead of horizontally, but they definitely tasted very close to a store-bought cheese cracker.
You form the dough into a log, refrigerate, then slice off very thin slices.

I made a second batch and rolled out a portion of the dough. I rolled it to the size of a cookie sheet, but it was a pain trying to get an even thinness. However, after I baked them, they flaked horizontally instead of vertically. Just like a gluten-loaded, store-bought cracker! Yum!
They turned out a little brown, but I like them that way :)

These do taste best the day they're baked- they're not quite as crisp the next day.

It's so nice to have a nice crunchy cracker that actually tastes good! I have not been impressed by the gluten free crackers I've bought. Why waste money on something that doesn't taste good when I can make yummy snacks myself?

Don't forget to come back on Monday to enter my giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment