Friday, June 5, 2009

Project progress report

So far this week I've made pretty good progress on my current projects.

I didn't exercise till Wednesday because of my chiropractic appt on Monday (they always leave me sore, and I like to give my legs a day or two to recover). On Wednesday I ran a mile without stopping. Woohoo! It's been a really long time since I've done that. Usually I run some, walk some, run some more, etc. Ok, so I usually am pushing Little Miss Sunshine in her stroller, too, which I didn't do yesterday. It was just me, which was very freeing. It felt pretty good, and I only had a few twinges in my shins. After finishing running the mile, I walked the mile back home for a total of two miles. I think I'll make that a regular thing once a week- running longer distances without stopping. I used to have really good endurance, but that is definitely a thing of the past. Now's the time to start building it up again. I went for a bike ride with LMS this morning. It felt good also, but I can tell how out of shape I am. It's so pathetic.

1. Haven't done the thank you's yet. Hopefully on Friday...

2. Haven't hung the pictures yet, though I did unwrap them and set them on the back of the futon.

3. Mended the coat and sewed the dress for my friend. Also sewed the apron for LMS, which she loves. Still need to sew a dress for her and make some fabric food. Yes, it is wrinkly from her toy box, but I hate ironing. I meant to take a picture right after I finished, but LMS wanted to wear it immediately.
4. Ordered our credit scores and reports today. It wasn't nearly as traumatizing as I thought it would be, which is why I've never done it before. It helps that we've paid a lot of debt off, but we still need to pay off some more before we buy a house. I did find a problem dating from July of 2004. Apparently, when I went to the doctor after my first miscarriage, the doctor's office submitted the claim to my insurance company three times, but was denied each time. I never received any notification of this, and they never contacted me for payment. The following summer it went to a collections agency, but I've never heard from them either. I talked to the doctor's office (they couldn't figure out why I hadn't been contacted) and my insurance company (who couldn't find any record of the claim, let alone it being submitted and denied three times). So the doctor's office is sending me the paperwork and I'll submit it. However, I think I'll have to pay the collections company and then get reimbursed by my insurance company. Unfortunately, I think it'll still be on my credit report, which really stinks since I never even knew about it till now. Don't put off checking your credit reports! Get things taken care of as soon as possible so they don't negatively impact you. Luckily, I don't think we'll be in a position to buy a house for another year, and by then our scores should be higher, which will be helpful when it comes to mortgage rates.

5. Haven't sorted and organized papers yet. I've been putting this one off because it'll be a bit of a hassle and take up space while I sort everything into different piles.

6. Haven't packed away winter things, though I did find LMS's summer clothes.

7. Haven't found out more about MyCAA yet.

8. Haven't taken care of the duffle bags, though I did buy some canvas to sew new monograms onto, which I will then sew on the duffle bags.

9. Haven't set up shelves or done anything with food storage yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment