Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fun with Photoshop

Like my new blog design? I did it all myself, using photoshop. The only thing that I didn't come up with is the font (2peas scrapbook), which I got from twopeasinabucket.com. I think it's a really cute font!

I figured out how to do the polka dots, which I used for the background, and I finally figured out how to use drop shadows effectively. It only took me about two weeks of searching on the internet and reading tutorials and trying different things, but I think I was fairly successful. My brain seems to be working better these days, now that I'm not eating gluten (yay!).

The only problem is that I'm not real happy with how blurry my polka dots are on the side. They weren't that way originally- I think it happened in the uploading/making it fit process. They're supposed to be clean and clear like the ones in the header. I need to do some experimenting to see if I can figure out what happened and how to keep it from happening again. I also need to see what I can do about changing the font on my headers. I don't think it'll be too hard, but it's late and I'm not going to mess with it tonight.

The next thing I want to figure out how to do is make embellishments to add to my blog header and background. That will take some more research and experimentation, though.

Ok, I admit I have this morbid fascination with the bruise on my arm. It's so big and ugly! Here's what it looked like last night. I went to the chiropractor today and she saw my bruise and told me to put arnica on it to help the bruise heal. Apparently with a bruise this size, scar tissue can form in the really yellow parts. Sure don't want that happening...

Now that I've got the blog stuff mostly figured out, I need to finish it up and then get back to sewing. I need to sew the dress for LMS still, and I want to sew some drawstring bags to store our bike helmets and my bike shoes. They're all tossed into the back of the bike trailer right now, and my inner OCD is cringing at the disorderliness. Also need to get thank you's for bday presents done and pictures hung on the wall. And when I'm done with that, I need to dig out our cooler (from the very back of our 24' storage container) and sort the things I've put aside to sell (an ebay pile and a garage sale pile). So much to do...

Oh yes, I almost forgot! I weighed myself yesterday morning and I've lost another 3 pounds, for a total of 10 pounds so far. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment