Monday, September 16, 2013

Console Table

When I shared the library side table I built, I mentioned that I'd come up with another spot to store our library books. I built this little console table a year or so ago, but never got around to sharing it. I adapted the plan for the Simple, Cheap, and Easy Console Table on ana-white.com (of course!).



It sits next to our front door in our little entryway and we've been using it to hold our cd/tape player/radio (perfect for listening to audiobooks), a few miscellaneous items in the baskets, with random seasonal decorations on top (when I remember).



As I thought about where to keep our library books, I realized I could move the baskets, add a few extra pieces of wood, and the bottom shelf would be a perfect spot for our library books. 

After cutting the pieces to size, I used the Kreg jig to drill pocket holes, then attached them to the frame of the table. When I get around to finishing all the furniture I've built I'll paint the pieces I added to match the rest of the table. While I'm not convinced I like the way it looks now, it's not terrible, and in the meantime it does a great job of keeping the books in place.  I love a quick and easy fix to a problem!



No comments:

Post a Comment