Wednesday, May 3, 2017

GAPS v.2017 Week 15

the old well pump in the front, the new one in the back

I’m still trying to figure out my food.

Training for a half marathon makes it really hard to eat low carb- my body really wants carbs for fueling.

As I've mentioned before, I am a stress eater and when I'm stressed I have a hard time staying away from foods that initially taste good even if they don't really agree with me later. 

And I’ve been stressed out a lot lately. 

Mostly I feel like there’s so many things to get done and never enough time to do them all. If I can avoid thinking about the things I’m not doing and focus on what I am doing, it’s not too bad. Even then, though, it’s always in the back of my mind.

However, Saturday was particularly stressful. I ran a hard six miles, went home and cleaned up and rested for a little bit, then we headed out to help with our Cub Scout yard sale in 90* heat.  After helping there, we came home for the boys’ nap time and our water stopped working. After checking the obvious problem (the breaker), I decided to call a plumber for help. Mr M was traveling and completely incommunicado for an extended period of time, so it was all on me to figure out what was going on, then get it taken care of.

The plumber came out and checked the voltage on the pressure tank and the well pump. The pressure tank was working (or trying to), but the well pump was shot and needed to be replaced. Depending on the depth of our well, we could be out a lot of money. The alternative is not having water, so there really wasn't a decision to be made. 

Thankfully, our well is only a little deeper than 100 feet, so we were on the very low end of the estimate we'd been given. While still a good chunk of money, it could have been so much worse.

While that turned out well in the end, there's definitely a lot of stress of various types in my life right now and it doesn't make it easier to eat a restricted diet. So I'm still a work in progress, for yet another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment