Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Updated Over the Fireplace TV Hole

When I worked on the living room last fall, I uncovered a giant tv hole above the fireplace. Why you would want to watch tv when it's up that high, I have no idea. Gives me a headache just thinking about the angle I'd be at.

Awhile ago I installed a shelf across the middle of the hole to make it more useable. I had originally thought to store off-season decor items there, but ultimately decided to store our games in the space.

crappy picture, I know. and there's the crown molding that finally got hung in the kitchen, as well as one piece replaced in the living room.

Eventually we'll have some sort of door that can be swung out for easy access, but that needs to wait till we finish the fireplace. We're waiting on a chunk of log to dry out so we can have it milled down into a mantel piece. We have ideas about what we want to do with the fireplace surround, but until the mantel piece is ready there's not much point in moving forward with any of it.

In the meantime, the games were bugging me (big surprise, I know) and I wanted them hidden away, out of view. Some fabric, a couple seams, and a tension rod later, it looks much better.


Quick and easy and now I'm wondering why it took me so long to finally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment