Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Visit from the Tooth Fairy

About a week and a half ago, LMS discovered a loose tooth. OK, so we knew it was loose before that, but it wasn't loose enough to worry about. A week and a half ago, it really started moving.

She was SO.EXCITED!

Most of her friends, including those younger than her, have already lost at least several teeth. She has felt very left out. Having a tooth that was really loose meant she was finally going to lose a tooth!

I figured it would take a while to actually fall out, but Monday afternoon she came running out to where I was in the trailermeasuring for storage bins.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"
My thought: Oh no, what happened?

"There was only a little blood!"
Why was there any blood? What happened?

Then I looked up at her and saw the great big grin, and the hole in the grin.


Ah, that's why there was blood. I'm ok with that.

Her main concern was that she didn't want her tooth thrown away. She'd voiced this to me before, so I was aware of her concern. She decided she needed to write a note for the Tooth Fairy. She stuck it and her tooth under her pillow right away- no waiting for bedtime!


Later that afternoon she even made up a song about losing her tooth- singing while playing the piano :)

Tuesday morning she woke me up way earlier than I wanted, so excited to show me what the Tooth Fairy left. She also told me she knew that I was the Tooth Fairy, and asked if I had dressed up for it (I hadn't). She appreciated the charade and suggested next time I should at least wear some fairy wings :)


The Tooth Fairy left her a dollar bill, her tooth, and a {very fancy} note. 


 I wish I remembered how old I was when I lost my first tooth, but I don't. Do you remember?

1 comment:

  1. Haha! You *should* wear wings next time! :) My first two teeth were ripped out of my face by a dentist because the adult teeth were coming up behind them. Very traumatic!

    ReplyDelete