Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ski Class

first morning of class

Today was the last day of LMS' ski class. She was just young enough to take the same class she took last year (it's for 3-6 year olds, and she doesn't turn 7 for 2 more months). {read about last year's class here and here}

last morning of class

I debated about signing her up since I needed to do that right about when I found out I was pregnant. I wasn't sure I'd have the energy. I definitely took it easier this year, and we didn't do any skiing together after her class- I was more concerned about being able to stay awake on the trip home.

out on the slopes with her class

I was taking these pics from the other side of the slope- we're not supposed to interfere with the class :)

wheeee!

I'm glad we did the class one more time. If I'd been further along, I might have been hesitant to get out and ski, but as it was, I didn't have any problems. The snow was a lot better this year- the resort put in new snow machines and the weather cooperated a lot more. We got a good snow storm just last week, and today the skiing was still pretty good and the runs were all open. Last year this time the snow was crappy, there were lots of bare patches, and several runs were closed completely.

an arial shot as I rode the lift over LMS and her class- she's the middle one in the yellow bib in the group of three

I'm not sure if we'll try for lessons next year or not. We wouldn't be able to do the same class since she'll be too old, but there are other options. The challenge would be bringing along a 4 month old. A couple weeks ago I saw a lady skiing with her baby strapped to her chest, but her baby was probably 10  months old at least. I don't feel I'm a strong enough skier to attempt that, especially if I had LMS in tow. Maybe if the baby was a bit older, but I think 4 months is too young. So we'd end up in the coffee house seating area, which is drafty and usually chilly, and not the best alternative. We'll see- there's lots of time before we need to make that decision.

I managed to ride the lift in the chair behind LMS's class and took this pic just as my turn came up

Did you do any skiing this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment