Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flower Garden


I actually made this some time ago {ok, a long time ago}, and it's been sitting on the Little Miss' nightstand for at least a year. I just couldn't decide where to hang it. Now it's on the wall, and I'm not sure it'll stay in that spot. Hmmm.


Anyway, I saw the original idea here, and I even intended to do butterflies since there are some butterflies in LMS' room. But since I already made the butterfly mobile (scroll to the bottom of the page) I didn't want too many butterflies.

I'd used some cute flowers in her room in our last house, so I decided to make a flower garden instead of a butterfly garden.

I followed her tutorial (super easy!) for the wood piece and added flowers that matched LMS' room that I found at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Since they were on wired stems, it was easy to twirl them into fun shapes.

When I made it, I used screws and wire and to make a picture hanger. In the end, though, I decided to use a 3M picture hanger (the velcro kind). I'm a bit reluctant to put holes in the walls right now, especially since we don't know yet if we'll be moving things around to make room for a crib. Using the 3M picture hangers makes it easy to move things around if I need to.

Can I say that taking good pictures of a lavender wall is not very easy?


No comments:

Post a Comment