Wednesday, March 20, 2013

February Goals Re-Cap

signs of spring!


I updated my goals in January, and even though it's almost the end of March now, I'll post how I did in February, as best as I can remember.
A few goals under Health:
1. Stick to GAPS
This was a bust since the nausea, loss of appetite and super sensitive sense of smell made it impossible to do any cooking myself. I hope to get back on track after I hit the second trimester.
2. Train for and run at least 6 races by the end of 2013 (at least one half marathon, preferably two)
I ran the mud run in February so I've run 3 races now- one 5k, one 4 miler, and one half marathon. Since I made the goal before I found out I was pregnant I didn't take into account childbirth and such. I had hoped for a fall half, but that won't be happening. After running the numbers I realized I won't even be ready for the Disney Half in January- I'll only be 3 months postpartum and that's just asking for injury since I shouldn't start training till 6 weeks after giving birth- which would leave less than two months to train. That said, I do still plan on doing more shorter races this year.
3. Consistently cross train and strength train
I haven't added cycling and strength training, though I'm still finishing projects around the house, which is a kind of strength training :)

A few goals under House:
1. Clean up drips and do the final touches in each room
I finally finished the basement stairway and am working on finishing the kitchen. Once I finish that, then I can move on to the touch ups.
2. Build and install shelves in all closets
I've been working on the basement and kitchen, and haven't started this yet.
3. Build homeschool cabinet
Finished the design, but haven't had time/energy to start yet.
4. Build kitchen table
Again, haven't had the time/energy yet.

A few goals under Homeschool:
1. Continue to be consistent at keeping to the schedule
We're doing pretty good at sticking to the schedule, though we have had to be a bit flexible with the fatigue I've been experiencing and we have not managed to get an earlier start in the morning.
2. Be more present
Still working on this one, but I suspect this is one of those on-going ones that never quite end.

A few goals under Habits:
1. Practice the piano and violin consistently
Yeah, these haven't happened yet- no time or energy.
2. Index several batches every week for FamilySearch
Nor this one.
3. Have more meaningful daily scripture study (start journaling as I read)
I've tried several journaling options and I'm not convinced that any of them are working for me. I had hoped that journaling would help me get more out of what I read, but at this point I'm not sure it will. I have a few other things I'm going to try in the meantime, and I'll revisit journaling later.


How did you do with your goals this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment