Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Animal Crackers

Continuing my quest to feel more comfortable with gluten free baking, I'm working my way through Elizabeth Barbone's 'Easy Gluten-Free Baking'. My most recent experiment was some animal crackers. It took me awhile to find little animal cookie cutters, but I finally found some little Noah's Ark cookie cutters at JoAnns.
I thought they turned out quite well. I was hoping for a Stauffer's Animal Cracker- the kind that comes in the big bags. Those were always my favorite.
In the end, though, they tasted more like the Barnum's Animal Crackers in the little box, Mr. M's favorite.
It does take a bit of time to roll out the dough, cut out the shapes, transfer them to the cookie sheet, etc, etc. But since LMS really enjoyed eating them (first the head, then the feet...), I'll be making them again.

1 comment: