Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bicycling

Last week I took my bike in to get tuned. The last time I rode it was almost a year ago, when we did the 50 miler with my youngest brother.  It's been about two years since the last time it had a tune-up and it was definitely time for another one. (Goal #8)

This morning I pulled out the bike trailer and all the necessary accoutrements- helmets, shoes, gloves, water bottle, etc, and loaded LMS up. We did a 2.5 mile loop, and I could definitely tell that it's been a long time since I last rode. I haven't used those muscles in a long time, and I worked up a good sweat. Ok, so I could be walking and working up a sweat because of the heat and humidity, but still, those 2.5 miles kicked my bum. There's some good hills out here- it's impossible to find a flat course to ride/walk/run on.

I've been walking 3 days a week, and now I'm going to add in biking twice a week. That will still give me two days off each week, and will hopefully help me avoid injuries. (Goal #9)

1 comment:

  1. I just received the candle you sent and I love it! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete