Saturday, October 17, 2009

Roadtrip recap

We're back from our roadtrip. Mr. M has drill this week, so Little Miss Sunshine and I drove over and dropped him off, then spent a couple days visiting with family and friends and doing some shopping. I had to be back for our Primary program practice today and the actual program tomorrow (I'm the chorister), so LMS and I drove back yesterday, and Mr. M will fly back in a couple days.

One day I drove from my sister's house to visit a friend (about an hour drive), and passed through three different construction areas. I slowed from 65 to 55, like the signs asked, and everyone else slowed from 75 to 65. Gotta love it. The cops were having a heyday- pull one car over, give a ticket, let them go, pull over the next car to pass them, give a ticket, and repeat. Now, I used to drive 5 over the speed limit, but I've gotten out of that habit recently. Our county is so strapped for cash that they're giving tickets for going 1 mile over the speed limit. Ridiculous, yes. Bringing in money for the county, oh yes. My brother's soccer teammate's mom got a ticket for going one over and had to pay $86!

I got to spend some time with a sister and a couple friends, but I also got to meet up with my roommates from junior college. We roomed together both years, but have mostly lost contact with each other over the last 12 years (has it really been that long already?). I finally got on facebook and was able to track everyone down and realized that two of them already lived near each other and the third recently moved to the same area. Since I was visiting nearby, we were all within a half hour of each other.

We met at a park so the kids (11.5 between the 4 of us) could play while we talked. It was great to see everyone, catch up on what's going on, and see how little we've all changed. If I knew where my scrapbooks are, I'd scan a photo of us from back then. We'll have to make do with this one that LMS took (another was taken on a different camera, but I don't have that one yet). I was able to lighten it a bit, but it's still out of focus, and we were crouching since we weren't sure where she was aiming.

And here's a picture of LMS sleeping on the way home last night. Similar to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment