Friday, October 30, 2009

Playing in the snow

Earlier this week I entered the Sleeping Beauty costume I made for LMS in the Virtual Costume Parade hosted by Make It and Love It. She posted all the pics today, and I took a few minutes to scroll through all the costumes. Lots of good ideas for future costumes! I also noticed that of all the pictures taken outside, ours was the only one that had snow in the background :) And that was last week's snow, not the storm that finally ended last night.

Now that the storm has ended, we're enjoying clear skies, sunshine, and warmer temperatures. We're not enjoying the sloppy mess caused by lots and lots of melted and melting snow. We did get out and play in the snow for a bit before it started melting. I pulled out my snowshoes (and found my mittens!), but the snow was still too powdery, so I didn't even bother with the skis and trailer. We had fun making a snowman, throwing snowballs, and making snow angels. LMS loved it and didn't want to stop!
our neanderthal snowman. dry snow does not make good snowmen. love the squint on LMS!
LMS's playhouse got snowed in. she and Mr. M excavated it a bit.

Mr. M plopped LMS in the snow and she sank up to her waist. she loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment