Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Books I've read recently

I haven't been reading as much lately, but here's some of the books I have read.


I recently watched the newest version of Pride and Prejudice (finally!) which got me looking around at similar things, and I found Mr. Darcy's Diary. It's the story of Pride and Prejudice told from Mr. Darcy's point of view, and is rather interesting. I liked how Col. Fitzwilliam and Anne actually have some closure- in the original story you just don't hear much about them.







For our anniversary, I bought myself Blood Promise, the 4th Vampire Academy book, which just happened to come out on that day. I liked it, and it left some hope for things to work out still for Dimitri. I think there's one book left in the series, but since this one just came out, it will be a while before the next one comes out.





I tried reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, but just could not get into it. This is unusual, but it does happen every once in awhile. I have the movie in my Netflix queue, and thought I'd read the book first. Guess I'll settle for just watching the movie, and hopefully it'll be better than the book.



I did find some children's books by Cornelia Funke that are quite entertaining. They're not your run-of-the-mill fairy tale. LMS likes them and really enjoys looking at the pictures.







Last time I was in the library I glanced over at the new arrivals and saw a new Dick Francis book. I hadn't realized he was coming out with another so soon- his last one came out not that long ago. Probably a result of teaming up with his son. It was a pretty good book- enjoyable to read.








The most recent book I read was Dreamhunter, which was pretty good. I'm really curious to see what happens in the next book, Dreamquake. There's only the two books, so hopefully it will all be resolved in a satisfactory manner.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't get into inkheart either. It just wasn't that great. I hate unfinished stories though so I finished it and then the next 2 as well. But it was definitely not worth my time and more of a skim than a read. Good to know that another vampire academy came out. I'll have to check it out from the library. Unless you're coming this way anytime soon. :) ooohhh and if you're thinking of reading pride and prejudice and zombies. Don't! So ridiculous. One of those that make you wish you could return it.

    ReplyDelete