Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Avoiding wasting time

Lately I've been trying to cut down on the time I spend mindlessly wasting time on the internet. My friend brought it up recently, and it's a good thing to think about.

I have a number of blogs that I read- friends, family, gluten free, crafty types, and so on, and I used to click through each one every day to see if they posted anything new. Then I discovered Google reader. I think blogger has a similar feature, but it allows others to see which blogs you follow, and I think that's too much information available- I like to keep this as anonymous as possible.

Anyway, I linked all the blogs I follow into Google reader, and I can see at a glance who has posted since the last time I checked. Since I only do it once a day, usually in the morning, I'm not spending time throughout the day checking and re-checking blogs. This has really cut down on the time I spend online and I've been a lot more productive lately.

The only thing Google reader won't let me do is link to password-protected sites, so I still have to look at those individually, but I only have a few of those to keep track of, so it's not too bad.

Little Miss Sunshine loooves using my camera, and is always taking random pictures. Most of them don't turn out, but occasionally they do. This one of lambie turned out pretty good (for her), and since lambie is a frequent subject of her photos, I thought I'd include it. I'll be glad when Christmas comes and she gets her own camera (already bought, on ebay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment