Monday, September 14, 2009

Random cloud thoughts

Driving home from town, I saw some towering clouds (thunderheads?), and got thinking about clouds and their names and the fact that I never really learned that much about clouds. I should have learned about them in 8th grade Physical Science, but my teacher was stupefyingly boring. He would stand in front of the class, look down at his book, look up at the class, and repeat word for word what the book said. Dull and boring as all get out.

Even though I sat in the front row, I took to reading during every class. Since it was a science class we had those black top tables with cubbies that were very convenient for hiding a book. The teacher only asked me a question two or three times, and while I had to have him repeat the question (slightly embarrassing), I was always able to answer the question correctly, so he never gave me a hassle. In any case, I can't remember if we covered clouds, skimmed over them, or skipped them entirely. I should do some reading and learn about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment