Saturday, September 5, 2009

Note cards and photos

Wow, what a difference a non-fuzzy head makes! I was actually able to concentrate this afternoon and spent about 5 or 6 hours making thank you cards. It's been awhile since I've been able to stay focused that long. In that 5 or 6 hours, I was able to make 50 cards. I could have made more, but I ran out of precut cardstock (yes, I cheat that way- so much quicker). I don't need them all right now (we have some long-over-due thank yous that need to be sent asap), but now I have no excuse to put off sending future thank yous- the cards all ready and waiting.

I did 10 purple, 10 green, 10 pink, and 10 blue cards, all of the same type.
There's light purple stamped on the light purple paper, but it's hard to see in the photo.

I experimented with different stamps on the backgrounds. I think they all turned out pretty good.

I stamped the inside also, color coordinating to the front.

I did another 10 cards using these stamps. I just found them Thursday night, and I really like them. The top one has the light purple stamped on the background again. The bottom one I left the background plain, so it doesn't have to be a thank you card.

Earlier in the week I finally got around to cutting apart all our pictures (a lot of them) and writing on the back. Tonight I wrote all the thank yous and included the pictures. Once I track down addresses, I can send them off.

This is the family photo we ended up ordering. I liked the white background better, but this particular one had the best expression on LMS's face. She likes to make faces now, instead of cooperating for pictures.

1 comment: