Sunday, August 30, 2009

Project progress

I've been fairly productive lately.

I finally got a picture hung on wall. There was actually two of them, but one of the cheap IKEA frames broke, and then the glass broke, so I settled for one picture. It's on the wall above the futon in our room, but I didn't do a full shot because Mr. M's bags are all over the futon.

Awhile ago I bought LMS a soft pink blankie from the Pottery Barn reject store ($1 for a blanket that's usually around $20!). She's taken to carrying it around with her lately. Since she already carries her lambie around, I don't think she needs to carry a blankie too. So I made the blankie into a pillow for her. I wasn't sure how she'd react, but so far it's all been positive: she calls it her snuggly pillow, and has only tried to take it out of her room once or twice.

While we were on vacation, one of Mr. M's young cousins had a different type of hoody towel that I thought was pretty cool. Instead of a wraparound, it's more of a poncho. Since LMS is constantly complaining because hers slips and falls, I thought it was worth a try. A bath towel, a hand towel, and some ribbon, and LMS has a new bath towel. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out, but if I did it again, I think I'd use narrower ribbon. I used the ribbon to cover the rough towel edges and to make a bow, but 1 1/2" was a bit too wide.

LMS did not want to smile for the camera

I also hemmed some pants for LMS's cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment