Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Running after a rainstorm

It was quite windy this morning, so I went for a run this afternoon, after the daily rainstorm came through earlier than usual. Since LMS was (supposed to be) napping, I left her under my dad's watchful eye and headed out.

I ran a mile and a half, then walked the mile and a half back. The whole thing took me 36 minutes, with the running portion taking 13 and a half minutes. I completed the first mile in 9 minutes, and the last half mile in 4 and a half minutes, despite the fact that the last half mile felt a lot slower. I guess that was just the faster pace tiring me out. It still felt good, despite being tiring, and it's encouraging to see my times finally getting faster and to know that I can keep a consistent pace.

I always did like running in the rain, but I don't get to do it here- there's usually lightning along with the rain. Running after a rain is the closest I can get right now, and it's pretty nice too- everything feels cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment