Saturday, May 31, 2008

Beautiful weather- finally!

This morning was beautiful- warm, sunny, not too much wind (which is, of course, all relative)- a great day for a jog. I ran one mile and walked one mile with DD in the stroller. My muscles didn't hurt from yesterday (I actually haven't really had any sore muscles) but there was definitely some muscle fatigue going on.

I was looking at race schedules today and have pretty much decided on my schedule for the next few months (still have to find more for the end of the year):
1. my first triathlon next Saturday
2. a 5K on the 4th of July
3. the second triathlon I'm doing in the beginning of August
4. a half marathon towards the end of August that is run on the same course as the full marathon I'm doing
5. a 5K the week before the marathon
6. the marathon in September
7. a 5 mile or 10 mile trail run in October

I also found a training schedule for running a marathon- I have just enough time to follow the schedule.

Tonight the storm clouds rolled in and we actually had some thunder and lightning and a little bit of rain. I remember the awesome thunder and lightning storms, where the rain would just pound down and soak everything, that we would get growing in Ohio. I didn't like much about Ohio, but that was one thing I loved, and I have missed. Where we used to live we'd get this wussy mist, rarely actual rain drops, and never thunder and lightning. This wasn't up to par with the storms I remember growing up, but it did remind me of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment