Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why I started this blog

It seems that everyone I know has a blog these days, whether it's to update far-flung friends and family on the crazy antics of your children, to have an outlet for whatever deep thoughts may be left after having said children, or to show off some skill/hobby/etc that you try to keep up with in what little spare time you have left in each busy day. I would definitely like to have a blog to update family and friends about our cute DD, but with DH deployed, it's too big of a security risk to have too much personal info spread around. That being said, I thought I'd go the route of the deep thoughts blog, except I have no brain cells left, so my thoughts are rarely deep or plentiful. Since I actually want to post regularly, the only topic I could come up with that I could talk about was goals: what they are and how I'm working to achieve them. I've been evaluating my life lately and have realized I need to start making more progress in a variety of areas. In the future I will be talking about various goals I have and what I'm doing to accomplish them.




"An unwritten goal is nothing more than a wish" - Greg Phillips





As I've been setting up this blog, I've been writing posts, but haven't actually posted them because I wanted to get the format just right before I did that. However, it's taking me a lot longer than I thought it would to figure out how to make my blog look like I want it to (see afore-mentioned lack of brain cells; combined with OCD tendancies to want things just so). As a result I have to some catching up on posting, so there may be several a day till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment