Monday, May 19, 2008

Swimming, Take Two

I swam laps again today. I almost didn't- I've been detoxing (something I have to do every once in awhile because of the systemic yeast infection I have), which always makes me feel crummy and less than motivated. In reviewing this week's schedule, though, there wasn't any other time I could go, so it had to be today. Once I actually got in the car and got going, it wasn't so bad, it's just the getting started part that can be difficult. The swim went well: I only swam front crawl and backstroke (last time I did breast stroke as well), and managed to cut 3 minutes off my time. My goal is to be able to swim all 20 laps using just the front crawl. We'll see how quickly that happens. My breathing technique sucks and I need the backstroke laps to really catch my breath. I noticed today that when I was swimming backstroke I could actually think about other things, like what I was going to write in my blog today. When I was swimming the front crawl, however, it took all my concentration to swim and try to breathe without breathing in lots of pool water. I'm not the most coordinated person, that's for sure.

On the way home, I stopped and picked up my bike. I took it into a bike shop for a tune-up this past weekend. The front brakes have been rubbing (which is really annoying to listen to) and it hasn't been tuned-up since about a month after I bought it more than a year ago. I'm biking tomorrow, so I'll get to see if they did a good job or not.

Thanks to Kimberly at http://kimstemplatetesting2.blogspot.com/ for all her help with the layout of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment