Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cycling on a windy day

Triathlon training update: I realized today that I've done the full distance for the swim, I'm up to two of the three miles I need for the run, but I've only done five of the twelve I need for the cycling portion. So instead of the swim I had originally planned on, I went for a bike ride. I have a five mile loop I usually do, and starting out, I planned to do the loop twice. Once I got going though, I realized how windy it was, and decided to do the loop once and then do my running loop (four miles), for a total of nine miles. I'm not sure that doing the four mile loop was better than doing the five mile loop, the wind was so bad. It could have been worse, though. At least I didn't have DD in the bike trailer behind me- she was taking a nap while my mom watched her. Both loops have some pretty tough hills. They're not super steep, they're just long- they go on and on and on, which is killer on the legs. I really need to find a flatter course to ride. Either that or suck it up and keep going till I actually have some muscles. Decisions, decisions....

No comments:

Post a Comment