Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More Thoughts on Maternity Clothes/Trends

playing in the snow a couple weeks ago- LMS lost half her face when I did a self portrait 

As I mentioned last week, we finished another round of ski classes for LMS and I had the chance to ski while she was in class.  My ski bibs, which I've had for a couple years, still fit, so I didn't have to buy bigger ones just for this season. I did notice that my thermal top, which is on the snug side, caused some problems.

When I'm pregnant, my body does not like being squished, even a little. I found this out early on when I was pregnant with LMS. Mr M and I went to an Army Ball, which is fancy dress. Since I dressed up, I wore some shape wear under my dress, but had to take it off before the evening was over because I was just too uncomfortable. And it wasn't that tight....

My thermal top was just snug enough for my body to complain about the tightness. I've worn this top before, when I was heavier, without problems. FYI, I haven't gained any weight yet- I'm not eating enough for that to happen yet.

I read recently that Spanx has a line of maternity shape wear. How do people wear those things while pregnant?

Am I the only weirdo out there who physically can't wear tight clothes while pregnant?

1 comment:

  1. Nope! That elastic band really made me resent my religion while I was pregnant! :) With OP it was nice because I was still working and living in scrubs for the first half. With E, I discovered a love for yoga waist skirts and was much more comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete