Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our pumpkins

I bought pumpkins a week or so ago, just before we all succumbed to nasty head colds (caused by and made worse by lack of sleep from an all-nighter finishing Mr. M's homework, a very cold evening in a barn for our church Halloween activity, and a short hike in the cold, snowy mountains). After buying them, I set them by the front door till we had time to decorate them.


This morning I was finally feeling well enough to tackle the project, so I opened the front door and found this:

After sweeping a bunch of snow off, I uncovered the pumpkins and brought them in to defrost.
See how they're glistening? I had to wait till they warmed up and stopped sweating.

While I waited, I got busy with my scissors and some sticky-back felt, following Lindsay's tutorial for creating Pottery Barn inspired pumpkins. The whole process was easy, the hardest part was sticking the pieces together evenly. The longest part was tracing all the pieces. We used three of the patterns Lindsay has available- there's a spider pattern also. I think they turned out pretty cute. Now I just have to wait for it to stop snowing so I can put them back on the porch (there's no room for them in the house).

No comments:

Post a Comment