Monday, October 25, 2021

Weekly Mileage #239 and River's Baptism

Monday I went for a trail run with Max, then had a mundane day: school work, Scouts, etc.


Tuesday after music lessons Sunshine had an orthodontist appointment. When we returned home from those, we made treats for a fall bake off Wednesday morning. I made cookies with Ocean and a pumpkin roll cake with River and Sunshine made a chocolate cake.

At karate that evening my sister and MIL joined in. It was a rather chaotic class, so not the best intro, but that's how it goes sometimes. The little kids were out of control and the instructor that day doesn't have a commanding voice to get everyone's attention (some of the other instructors do).

Wednesday morning we went to a fall bake off with some of our homeschool friends. Sunshine got the most overall votes for taste and looks. It was a lot of fun and there was a number of gluten free treats to choose from- more than I've seen at any gathering we've attended.

The cookies and pumpkin roll the boys made are front and center in the photo. I somehow missed Sunshine's cake before it got eaten.

the winners in the various categories

It was also my sister's birthday, so I made a german chocolate cake for her and a birthday dinner.


Thursday I took my sister to the airport at 5am. Despite trying to get to bed earlier, I did not get enough sleep and was so tired.

River had his annual checkup and both boys got their flu shots. River got his first, which gave Ocean time to freak out about it. I had to give him the body hug to distract him while the nurse gave him his shot. He calmed down as soon as it was over and he realized it hadn't hurt that much (as always happens...).

I napped for a bit because I was so tired, then everybody went to the dentist. There were no cavities this time around, thankfully, though I have a referral to an endodontist to look more closely at a root to make sure there's no issues (I think it's on a tooth that I had a root canal on a few years ago) and River has a referral to an orthodontist for a slight cross bite. 

YW was that night and I was not looking forward to it due to a resurgence of the mask issue.

I'm so tired of trying to balance mask vs anti mask crap in YW. It's such a contentious topic, and it doesn't need to be. Just wear the stupid mask at church and don't wear it anywhere else if you feel that strongly about it. The unfortunate thing is that I have both leaders and girls who are on both sides of the issue, and trying to keep everybody on the same page (let alone happy), is just not possible. Add in a YW with serious chronic health issues, and it's even more of a mess. Seriously, the whole mask thing is the most stressful part of my calling right now. It's worse than dealing with zoom lessons and activities.

Our activity consisted of planning combined YW activities for the coming months plus smoothing out some mask messiness. It went better than I was afraid it would, but it was still stressful. It doesn't help that I am very non-confrontational and am uncomfortable trying to mediate disputes like this.

Thursday night I went to bed earlier than I have in awhile. It was absolutely necessary after a really poor nights' sleep Wednesday night. I felt better Friday, but was still so tired.

Friday morning we went on a hike with friends.





Ocean had to bring Oink Oink on the hike...

I got a call that my tool kits are an hour away! They'll be delivered on Monday, though we'll have to meet at a local grocery store to off load the three pallets since there's no room for a full size semi to drive down our twisty road or to turn around (even with our enlarged parking area).

My parents arrived just a few minutes before Jeremy's brother, after our karate class.

Saturday River was baptized.

We were almost late since Max got out just a few minutes before time to leave. Luckily she came back quicker than usual and Jeremy was able to get to the church on time. The kids and I had gone ahead to get everything set up and warn of the potential delay.


The baptism went well. It was simple, short and sweet, and to the point. No frills and furbalows. We had a zoom link for those who wanted to watch, but everyone started talking while River and Jeremy changed and it was rather distracting from the spirit of the event.

Afterwards we hung out with our families and went to a local apple orchard, only to find out you had to buy tickets (at $8 a person) on high volume days and they were sold out. They did have a drive-thru option, though, so we just picked up some apple cider, apple donuts, and apples.

Sunday morning I took my parents to the airport at 6am, which wasn't quite as bad as when my sister left. I even managed to go back to sleep for a little bit before ward council and church.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-   1.62 miles                        .5 hours
Wednesday-                                     2.0 hours
Friday-      2.10                                 2.0 hours
       total- 3.72 miles                      4.5 hours

2021 totals
243.5 outside hours
225.58 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment