Monday, October 11, 2021

Week #237 and the Pinewood Derby

it tasted good, but it didn't look as pretty as I'd hoped...

Monday I had an eyeball type migraine, which is lots of fun. Despite the migraine, I did manage to spend some time working on a couple of zip bag prototypes.

Tuesday I had another eyeball migraine, plus I was fighting the kids' bug. Sunshine still had a nasty cough from her cold, so we did online music lessons.

My eye strain was finally bad enough that I was able to put my new glasses on without an instant headache. I have no idea what's going on there.

This week at karate it's ab week. I can tell my muscles are getting more toned, though I still have a ways to go. 

We celebrated River's birthday! He's now 8 years old.

I made a layer cake with mango fruit puree in the middle. Unfortunately, it started oozing out the center while I was trying to ice the outside. My frosting needed to be a bit stiffer to keep the filling in place. Note to self: put the frosting in the fridge before using it.

Wednesday I had planned to go for a run since we weren't going to karate that afternoon, but it rained Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and I was feeling crummy- headachy, sinuses, a bit of a cough.

I basically laid in bed all day, trying to fight off the cold that Sunshine somehow shared with me. I spent a lot of time on the bio mat, which I feel does help lessen the effects of illness.

Thursday I couldn't go for a run again, since the trails were still wet. Instead, I went to the chiropractor and ran some errands, then went back to bed for awhile when I returned home because I was tired.

Since I was in bed, I started reading a book my sister recommended: Your Brain's Not Broken: Strategies for Navigating Your Emotions and Life with ADHD.

Friday we were supposed to spend the day getting ready for a Scout campout that Sunshine was cooking 5 meals for, but it got pushed back a couple weeks due to a staffer at the camp being exposed to covid. Not a bad thing, all things considered, since Sunshine still has a cough she hasn't quite managed to get rid of.

I spent a lot of time in bed again in an effort to kick the bug and not get so tired that it hangs around forever, especially since I'm already always tired.

After karate class, Sunshine and I helped setup for the multi-ward pinewood derby being held Saturday morning.

Saturday I didn't go for a run since Sunshine and I went to help finish the pinewood derby setup. It was run by the youth, but the adults were still needed for some things. The cars were organized into three groups, seen below:



The pinewood derby was with the youth from two of the other wards in the area. It went well and everyone had fun. The youth were supposed to make their own cars, and I think the creativity level was higher than with the Cub Scout pinewood derbies.

Afterwards, we hauled stuff out to the storage container. Some bins full of stuff that's never used, all the random stuff that's been shoved in the upstairs hall bathtub for the last year or two (most of it needs to get donated), plus some of my business stuff (mostly shipping materials and convention display stuff). There's more boxes and tool kits that need to go out to the container, but I need to buy a shelving unit first.

Sunday church started a half hour later so that none of the wards overlap, trying to cut down on unnecessary interactions and groupings.

Weekly Mileage 

       total- 0 miles                             0.0 hours

2021 totals
232.5 outside hours
220.18 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment