Wednesday, October 6, 2021

3rd Quarter Goals Update

Miles

My hip isn't bothering any more, thankfully. However, I've struggled to balance trail runs with karate workouts. I can't do both on the same day, which is limiting my miles.

Hours outside

I managed to log some good hours with the various camps and activities of the summer. The heat and humidity were still a stumbling block to us spending more time outside. 

Business progress

I had a busy summer. I made lots of buckets and pockets, attended Primary Day Camp with River, prepared for, attended, and taught a leatherwork class at YW camp, chaperoned the youth on a one day trip to the Philadelphia temple to do baptisms for the dead (it was a looong day), prepared for and attended a homeschool convention, and took the boys to visit friends and attend pirate camp. And that was just in July and August. 

The leatherwork class at YW camp was a good learning experience and the girls enjoyed it and it prompted some changes to one of the projects in my course. The homeschool convention was also a good learning experience, and while it was smaller than usual since it was in August instead of April, it did give me a good idea of what to expect for future conventions.

Health progress

I'm doing ok, but not great. Lately I've struggled to stay motivated to do things. Around the house, business-related, it doesn't seem to matter. I got burned out after everything I did this summer and it's taking longer than I thought it would to pull out of the funk.

I'm still eating too many carbs and sugars. My sleep schedule was variable with all the activities and camps, so I was more tired than I'd have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment