Monday, May 31, 2021

Weekly Mileage #218 and the Last Lesson of My Course

they struggled with the mystery braid bracelets

Monday morning I uploaded my final lesson videos since they had problems uploading overnight. I'm done with the final lesson of the course! I had to split the lesson videos from 3 to 8 (the last 6 were an average of half an hour each) because the course platform has a limit on the size of videos you can upload. It was a lot of time creating, editing, and uploading. Now I just have the Friday Q&A video left. Well, that and getting some prototypes for the advanced course projects ready to share on Friday. I won't be able to get them all done since I need to do the pattern creation on most of them, but I should be able to get about half of them done. I need to pitch the next course to my current students so I have a beta testing group for that one. The last item on my to-do list is to write and send an end-of-course survey a week or two from now.

We also had speech therapy first thing in the morning. This is the last week of speech therapy and our times were changed because the therapist is helping with testing all week.

Then I prepped for my last co-op class.

I also discovered a snag with my toolkits. My contact at the Chinese company left and the new person has no clue what we've done in the past and isn't nearly as responsive (so far, though I'm hoping that changes since I need to place my order soon).

Then I taught my last co-op class. It was hotter and more humid than the first three classes, but it went well and was a good learning experience.

After class, I got my second covid vax, which took a lot less time than the first one (thankfully), then I had time to go home for a little bit before taking sunshine to scouts, where we made neckerchief slides.

Tuesday I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a ton of bricks. I changed our in-person music lessons to online and tasked Jeremy with changing the Kroger pickup time to one that worked for him and changing our <first> family karate lesson to later in the week (they have multiple options). The only things I had to do were virtual music lessons and YW presidency meeting via zoom that evening.

I definitely felt worse as the day went on. Reminding myself that I wasn't actually sick or contagious only helped a little. I still felt crummy. I spent the day in bed and felt a little better in the evening, but still not 100%.

Wednesday was Ocean's last speech therapy session. His IEP is still good into next year, but we'll have to see if they actually do anything for him next year. My understanding is that they won't provide services to homeschoolers once they're officially in school. Since we held him back a year, he'll be starting kindergarten in the fall, and probably losing his eligibility. If he needs more, we'll need to go to a private provider and have insurance pay for it.

After speech therapy, I spent the rest of the morning in bed since I still wasn't feeling great. Better than Tuesday, but still wiped out.

I had my accountability call, but ended up laying on the couch during the last half because I was feeling crummy while sitting up. Afterwards I laid down again and started a Pinterest ads course since I need to get my Pinterest ad campaign up and running.

Fun side effects I had from my second shot: my arm was super sore where it was injected, I got swollen lymph nodes in my left armpit, and there was a reddened area on my arm around where the shot went in that was warm to the touch for several days after I got the shot. The weirdest was probably a return of the cooling sensation on my face (I first felt it when I started my current meds. It lasted for a few weeks, and eventually went away.) It came back, but only for a day or two.

Thursday I still wasn't feeling great, so I didn't take Max for a walk. After the picking up the milk, I got to work on the prototypes for my advanced course. I drew them out a week or two ago, so I was easily able to make four of them. I could have gotten one more easily done, but I was running short on time. the other two projects will take some work and playing around with the patterns. Getting them done this quickly is a vast improvement over how long it took to nail down the projects for the 101 course. I do need to change the leather on one of the projects as it's not stiff enough for the project, but the other three I made are fine. I need to double check leather pricing though, to make sure the leathers I used will fit within the budget for course materials.

I took a break in the evening to take Max for a quick run. It was supposed to be a YW class hike, but only one girl showed up, so I just took Max for a hike, that turned into a run because she was so excited to hit the trails again finally. The last time we were on the trails was last Friday. I couldn't run much since I still wasn't feeling great, but it did feel good to get outside and Max really enjoyed herself. Before we left the house, I'd called her and held out her harness and she very excitedly ran to me so I could put it on her. She's definitely missed her exercise the last week.

happy doggy!

After I finished the four projects, I made a video showing them and talking about the advanced course and winding up things on the 101 course. Then I edited and uploaded them before bed.

Friday I went for a run with Max, then worked on the prototype patterns for the last couple projects. I want to get this bit done and checked off.

In the afternoon we went as a family to karate class.

Saturday was a lazy morning, then we did some much needed cleaning in the house. Afterwards, I worked on prototypes. I have 1 pattern left to create, 1 prototype still in the works (deciding what I want to do with it/how it fits into the course) and I need to change the leather on one of the finished prototypes. Then it will be time to price out the leathers and make sure they fit in the budget

Sunday we tried the noise cancelling earbuds on Ocean during Sacrament meeting, but he didn't really like them in his ears. Despite that, he did ok and didn't have to go out in the hall. Maybe because we'd talked about it and he was a smidge more aware of things? It's hard to tell.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-                                            1.5 hours outside
Thursday- 1.04 miles hiked                .5 hours outside
Friday- 2.16 miles hiked                     .5 hours outside
       total- 3.20 miles             2.5 hours

2021 totals
98.0 outside hours
170.27 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment