Monday, May 24, 2021

Weekly Mileage #217 and First Guitar Lesson

I felt rather crummy over the weekend. super tired + allergies = not fun

But life goes on, so I prepped for class, then went and taught my co-op class.

I got gas on the way home. Only unleaded was available, but there was no wait to get to the pump. (Jeremy had gotten some Friday or Saturday, but had to wait about half an hour)

I finished and sent off the notebooks for one of the homeschool conventions that I'm advertising at as an absentee vendor.

Tuesday we had music lessons in person for the first time in a long time. But it meant there was no time for a walk with Max that morning.

Ocean had his first guitar lesson, which consisted of him learning to hold it properly and strum the strings. It was good for River to play with our teacher in person. He hasn't had that chance in a while, and we could tell (it's just not the same playing together over FaceTime. there's always a bit of lag on one end or the other). It was also good for Sunshine, since our teacher was able to help her with some things she was doing that weren't as apparent on the video link. While she had her lesson, the boys and I took a walk on the trail through the woods next to our teacher's house and I got some photos of the waxed canvas collecting pockets in use. 

After we got home, I went to work on lesson 8 videos.

My allergies are definitely worse right now. I use Flonase every day for my sinuses, but it's not as effective for seasonal allergies, unfortunately. Other allergy meds, even the kids versions, make me non-functional. So suffer through it all, it is.

Jeremy joked that it looks like he's posing for a school photo here

Wednesday I took Max for a hike, then worked on the final project videos and photos. After my accountability call, it was back to work on the videos and photos.

Ocean approves of the ability to carry sticks and pinecones around with him

Thursday I went for a hike with Max, then went to the chiropractor and handed off health forms for the boys troop for an outing they have planned this weekend. I got home in time for speech therapy, then went back to work on the videos. They're long videos this week (lots of stitching), so it's a good thing I started on them earlier than usual this week.


Friday I went for a hike with Max, did speech therapy with Ocean, then worked on the lesson videos. Later in the afternoon, we went to a family karate class intro meeting, where we signed up the whole family to learn karate. It's a family-oriented studio, so no matter the number of family members, you only pay for two of them. Which actually makes the whole thing fairly affordable.


Saturday morning I went on a Scout hike with Sunshine that was just under 5 miles round trip. It was getting hot and humid by the time we were done, so I'm glad we didn't start any later.  Temperatures reached a high of 90 this weekend (yuck!)

We climbed to the top of a mountain, but it was covered in trees and nothing really scenic to see, so I forgot to take a picture at the top before we headed back down.

When we returned, Jeremy took the kids and Max to the dog park and to wash my incredibly disgustingly dirty car while I edited videos. Despite getting an earlier start on the process, I'm still at the same point I've been the last couple weeks. 6 videos rather than 3 videos for a lesson means  a lot of time spent filming, then editing, then slide deck, then voice overs and final edits.

Sunday Ocean could not contain himself during sacrament meeting. I finally took him out to the foyer and he was fine. As we sat there, I remembered that this had been the case in the past as well. It's just been so long since he's been to church on a regular basis that I'd forgotten about it. Then, as now, I thought it was a sensory issue- too much noise/too many people/too many lights/too much something. Which I totally understand. So I'm going to dig out the noise-reducing earbuds I used when we went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert a year and a half ago to see if they help him. It'll be interesting to see if it's auditory or visual for him. Its both for me, but auditory is much more the issue based on where I spend my time. School classrooms really stress me out because of how crowded the walls are- they're always plastered with all sorts of things and so chaotic. Yikes. So glad I'm rarely in a school classroom.

I talked about Bubly Bounce a few weeks ago, but I wanted to talk about it a bit more. It's caffeinated sparkling water (triple berry is the best, but the other two are pretty good). Less caffeine than my Aspire sugar free energy drinks (35 mg vs 80something). No sugar, just flavored water. They've proven to be good for when I need a little extra pick-me-up or it's later in the day and I'm really dragging but still need to sleep that night.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-                                            1.5 hours outside
Tuesday- 1.00 mile hiked                   1.0 hours outside
Thursday- 1.60 miles hiked                .5 hours outside
Friday- 1.80 miles hiked                      .5 hours outside
Saturday- 5.00 miles hiked              2.5 hours outside
       total- 9.40 miles             6.0 hours

2021 totals
95.5 outside hours
167.07 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment