Monday, May 10, 2021

Weekly Mileage #215 and a Virtual 5k


Monday morning I finished prepping for my co-op class, then headed out to teach my first co-op class. It's only a 4 week session, held outdoors to accommodate restrictions, but it's a good opportunity to teach the first half of my course in person and see what the kids have trouble with.

After I returned home, it was back to the lesson materials exercise wheel, then Scouts in the evening with Sunshine.

Tuesday after music lessons I drove Jeremy to the VA hospital for his back shot. We hit a super fun storm on the way back, but luckily it was traveling in the opposite direction as us and we were able to drive through it in about 10-15 minutes. 

getting ready...

getting ready...

getting ready...

getting really ready...

jumping!

pleased with himself 😊

Wednesday I took Ocean to his ear doc. His second tube is out, sitting in wax in the ear canal and will move out on its own (the first one did the same months ago). With both tube sites healed, no more need to return to the ear doc!

Then we rushed home to pick up Sunshine for her orthodontist appointment, which took uncharacteristically long, forcing my accountability call to get pushed back a bit. It all worked out in the end, though.

After my call, it was back to working on lesson materials.

the woodpeckers are having a heyday with this tree

Thursday after speech therapy I did more work on the lesson materials, then went to YW in the evening. We held YW outside in the church parking lot, decorating cupcakes for their moms.

Friday after speech therapy (rescheduled from Tuesday since it interfered with when we needed to leave for the VA hospital), I spent more time working on lesson materials.

Saturday I did a 3 mile hike with River and Max. We each needed to complete a virtual 5k race, but my foot was still giving me problems. I wrapped my foot before we headed out and iced it when I got home. It didn't hurt too much while we were hiking (strictly walking, no running), and it was still ok by evening.

Sunshine's BFF came for the day, in keeping with their birthday tradition. They had a great time together, especially since they weren't able to meet up last year.

I worked on more video editing and voiceovers for Monday's lesson. Only two more weeks of this and then things will calm down a lot!

Ocean decided he needed to climb trees after church, too.


I was super tired all week. I'm not sure what exactly is going on. I haven't changed anything. The best I can come up with is that my medication has stopped working and needs to be increased. That's not a good thought, since I've only been on it about 6 months. How much can it be increased before I have to stop taking it? Will increasing the dosage also increase my anxiety even more? I'm waiting a bit longer to see if things resolve on their own, but if they don't, I will have to go back to my doctor. I've gotten used to being functional and this week has been rough.

One other option I can think of that could be contributing to being super tired: I didn't exercise all week, except Saturday. I ran on Saturday of last week because my foot wasn't hurting, but it's been hurting ever since. Regular exercise does help me feel better, so that could be the issue here. I am a bit worried about my foot. I'm reasonably sure I didn't rebreak it (there was a lot more pain when I broke it a few years ago), so I'm thinking it's soft tissue damage at the attachment site, that also happens to be right where I broke it (the pain is localized at the original break site). There's swelling, but no bruising, and while it hurts to walk, it's not like when I broke it. It feels more like a couple weeks after it started healing. It's rather frustrating, regardless of what I did or didn't do to it.

After hiking Saturday morning, I am inclined to think it may be related to lack of exercise. I should have been riding my bike instead of not exercising at all just because my foot hurt. I've gotten out of the habit and just didn't think about it. That, and I'm busy creating the lesson materials for my course.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-                                            1.5 hours outside
Thursday-                                         1.0 hours outside
Saturday- 3.39 miles hiked              1.5 hours outside
       total- 3.39 miles             4.0 hours

2021 totals
85.5 outside hours
150.93 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment