Monday, May 3, 2021

Weekly Mileage #214 and I Hurt My Foot Again

Monday I went on a hike with Max and Jeremy took River to get one of his cavities filled. He has two, but they're on different sides of the mouth, they'll go back in a month to get the other done.

bright green spring moss

Then I worked on my 2 minute video ad for one of the small homeschool conferences I'm advertising at. More challenging than I thought it would be.

In the evening Sunshine and I went to Scouts.

Tuesday I went for a trail run with Max. Unfortunately, I fell and twisted the foot I broke a couple years ago. It hurt, but I was able to walk the rest of the way back to the car and then do the grocery shopping in the afternoon. All that walking left my foot feeling a lot more sore.

After doing the grocery shopping, I worked on an order, then went back to the video ad.

Wednesday my foot was too sore for a hike or run, but I did go to wallyworld to get a reusable ice pack. We used to have a number of them, but they've all disappeared, except the one Jeremy uses for his back.

After my accountability call I worked on the ad some more. I tried a few different things before finally nailing down the visuals and the script, but I can't record the voiceover till Thursday night. It was too late to do Wednesday night and I can't do it during the day because the kids make too much noise.


Thursday my foot was feeling better, but it was still sore, so I decided to take it easy for at least another day. My foot continued to improve as the day went on, so that was a good decision. Sitting for most of the day, working on lesson 5 materials was much more beneficial than going for a hike.

Jeremy went to the chiropractor for the third day in a row after throwing his back out last Saturday. He's feeling better and is more mobile, but he's still tight and sore.

After the boys went to bed, I made more videos for lesson 5, then did the voiceover for the ad. 

the blackberry and raspberry canes are in bloom

Friday my foot was still a bit more sore than I'd like, so I took another day off.

I finally finished my 1-2 minute ad, which clocked in at 1:49. I went to send it in, and realized the deadline was May 15, not May 1. Not sure where I got the 1st as the deadline...

Once the ad was taken care of, it was back to editing the lesson 5 materials.

Saturday I ran with Max because my foot felt better when I woke up. It didn't hurt when I ran, but is was sore by evening. 

Jeremy took the boys for some last minute birthday shopping and to pick up sushi for Sunshine's birthday dinner. I took advantage of the quiet house to record my voiceovers and final edits for next week's lesson.

We had sushi, teriyaki chicken, and popcorn shrimp (all gluten free and yummy!) for Sunshine's birthday dinner. She made a chocolate eclair cake for her birthday cake, but the filling and the frosting didn't set right. Despite looking a bit puddly, it tasted good.


The elusive teenager smiled! Based on the looks she was giving Jeremy in these pictures, he was saying something funny. Actually, I think it was when we were singing happy birthday, and he was butchering the song.



Sunday after church found River climbing the trees behind the building. Because when there's trees that are climbable, you climb them. Even if you're in your church clothes.

It's not a tall tree, I think I crouched a little to get an angle that would make it look like he was higher up than he really was.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday- 1.37 miles hiked                 2.0 hours outside
Tuesday- 1.96 miles run                      .5 hours outside
Saturday- 1.91 miles run                    .5 hours outside
       total- 5.24 miles             3.0 hours

2021 totals
81.5 outside hours
147.54 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment