Monday, March 9, 2020

Weekly Mileage #154 and the Vertigo Episode


Monday I only had time for a trail run before doing the grocery shopping. This run and the run on Saturday were rough. The first half mile or so just sucked. I noticed this Saturday, but it didn't take me long to realize why. A couple days earlier, I started eating low carb again. For awhile now I've been working up to it mentally and cutting out the higher carb foods in my diet, but I hadn't really bit the bullet. Wednesday or Thursday I realized I hadn't eaten many carbs that day and if I was careful about what I ate for dinner, I'd finally be back on track.

Last time I started keto, exercising didn't feel good either. It should improve as my body adjusts, so in the meantime I'll keep exercising, but I'm keeping my runs in the one mile range.

It's interesting- I almost fell into eating low carb this time around. It's taken awhile to get here, and I did go through and eat some random high-carb foods one last time, but I also knew I needed to do it so I could feel better. I'm not keeping an exact count of carbs just yet, but I know I'm close to where I should be, and I'm feeling pretty good.

Sewing a zipper into a leather bag I'm working on. Still debating whether the extra time will be worth it- the zippers are proving more problematic than I anticipated, so I'm unconvinced they'll be worth the effort. It's a work in progress though, so we'll see.

Wednesday I went for a hike while I was in town for my chiropractor visit. It was a beautiful, sunny, unseasonably warm day.

Thursday we all had dentist appointments. Everyone was good, except Sunshine who has her first cavity and needs a filling (maybe this will convince her to brush her teeth better).

Friday did not go at all how I'd planned. I woke up and took a shower, but was feeling really dizzy in the shower. I tried turning down the water so it wasn't so hot, but it didn't help with the dizzy feeling. I laid down on the bed for a few minutes to see if it would pass, but when I stood up again, it was a lot worse and it made me want to hurl.

So I laid back down and emailed the speech therapist to let her know we wouldn't be making it to our appointment that morning (thank goodness for smart phones!). I also emailed our friend who organizes our Friday playgroup to let her know we'd be missing that as well, but she volunteered to pick up our kiddos and take them with her (super nice of her!). By the time they got home around 12:30 or so I was able to sit up without feeling dizzy. I continued to improve throughout the rest of the afternoon. So weird- I've never had vertigo like this before, and I have no idea what caused it.

Saturday I slept in, but woke up without any problems (I was worried about another bout of vertigo). Still felt a bit off, but not as bad as on Friday. I did manage 10 easy miles on my bike and it felt pretty good.

In the afternoon I took Sunshine to a Woodworking merit badge workshop, but since Jeremy was at drill and I had the boys, we just dropped her off, then picked her up when she was done.


Despite Jeremy being at drill, Sunday wasn't too bad- Ward Council was canceled, so I was able to sleep in and only go to church once, and no stressing about whether Ocean would stay clean while I was gone.
=====

I've been working on our taxes this past week. For all my big talk last year about keeping up my paperwork, I didn't. That is not my strong point, but paring down the businesses will make it less daunting for next year.

I decided a year ago to close my Amazon business, but I've been waiting for my inventory in the warehouses to sell out. I had some sent back to me, but I left those that were most likely to sell, and the last one sold in February. Well, I'm pretty sure it sold in December, but was returned and re-sold in February. Anyway, now that that's done, I need to do the paperwork to officially close that business with the state.

I won't be resurrecting my personal finance site since I've decided to incorporate the side hustle info into my travel site. I'm not closing the business associated with the personal finance site just yet though. There's potential for me to use it for some sort of marketing business, but that's on the back burner while I concentrate on my travel site and my leather goods. The worst part about doing taxes is seeing the totals- how much I earned versus how much I spent. Those numbers are still not where I want them to be. Frustrating, but it's a fact of life- hard work is required to achieve your goals.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 1.65 mile trail run
Wednesday- 2.35 mile hike
Saturday- 10.0 mile bike ride
total- 14.00 miles

2020 totals
10 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
41.20 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
6.00 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
70.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
117.20 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment