Monday, March 2, 2020

Weekly Mileage #153 and the Race I Didn't Run


Monday I went for a trail run and hike in the morning, then I finished off a journal order that I dropped off at the post office after speech therapy. My toe is feeling a lot better, but there's still room for improvement. It doesn't hurt when I run, but the joint is sore afterwards. I still don't have complete mobility on it either: I can't bend it all the way just yet.

Monday evening as Sunshine and I went to Scouts, we passed Jeremy's brother in the driveway on our way out. He's moving out east and stopped by our house for a bit more than a day on his way to his new location. They had lots of fun hanging out and playing video games.

working on the first aid merit badge

We lost a chicken Tuesday. We got back from Sunshine's orthodontist appointment and I was looking out the window at the chicken pen, and it looked like several of them wanted out of the big run and into the smaller run, but couldn't find a way in. I sent River out to check on them and he came in crying. He thought I'd be mad at him because one of the chickens was dead. I wasn't mad, but we did have a discussion about why it's important to be careful when taking care of the chickens.

From what I can tell, it looked like an aerial predator got her, but the rest of them couldn't get into the smaller run and coop because the gate had closed (he's supposed to latch it open). Once he opened the gate, the survivors all ran and hid in the coop. I'm guessing we won't be getting many eggs for awhile.... I had hoped that the bushes in the large run would provide enough cover for them, but since I found the dead chicken under the largest bush, that's clearly not the case. So now I'm going to have to string chicken wire or something across the top of the larger run. Though I'm wondering if a little lean-to inside the big pen might provide enough protection?

Wednesday the poor girls hid inside the coop all day. I did 20 super easy spin miles on my bike.

On Thursday I noticed that the girls ventured outside when the boys were jumping on the trampoline, which is right next to the coop. Once the boys moved on to another activity, the girls went back inside. Smart chickens! I also walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill.

We finally signed our final paperwork on the refinance. It only took 4 months to get to this point. Despite how long it took to get to that point, the signing itself was a much easier process than when we bought the house. Back then I had to sign everything, including Jeremy's side of things, which involved the phrase "under power of attorney" or something similar every time I signed something for him. That was tedious. This time was still tedious, but at least I only had to sign my side of things.

Friday the girls finally started venturing outside on their own. I also finally caught up on posts on this site.

For the past month I've waffled about doing the 5k on Saturday (this one that I've done before), but my energy levels have been a lot lower than I'd like and between that and my foot, I have not been able to get my mileage base where I'd like it. I thought about doing the race anyway, which I've done many times, but I want to be better trained and in better shape so I don't spend the next day and a half recovering, so I'm holding off.


Since I didn't do the race, I decided to go for a short trail run, and I took River with me. This was his first time trail running and he enjoyed it. Afterwards we bought some new clothes (he keeps growing out of everything), stopped by PetsMart to look at the animals, and then he got some ice cream. I do Scout stuff with Sunshine, take Ocean to speech and preschool (and sometimes hiking or errands), and River and I run races. Since we don't run races very often, I decided he and I needed a little more regular one-on-one time.


Weekly Mileage
Monday- 1.50 mile trail run
Monday- 2.30 mile hike
Wednesday- 20.0 mile bike ride
Thursday- 1.50 treadmill walk
Saturday- 1.20 trail run
total- 26.50 miles

2020 totals
9 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
37.20 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
6.00 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
60.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
103.20 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment