Monday, March 18, 2019

Weekly Mileage #103 and a New Microwave

early morning trail run

I missed Tuesday's bike ride because Sunshine had an early orthodontist appointment. Except she forgot her retainer, so we had to reschedule and we get to do it all over again in two more weeks. Grrr.

I also missed Wednesday's trail run. I woke up and just felt too tired, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. The effects of the time change and the sugar from last weekend were still hanging around. It was brutal.

I did manage to go for a trail run on Thursday, though, and it was good. It wasn't below freezing, which made running a lot easier on my lungs.

sunny race morning

Saturday I ran a 5k race. I ran the 10k last year and the 5k the year before. This is a fast course, but I'm still working on getting in shape, so it was not my fastest time ever. I ran 36:49, but I feel good about my effort and how it went. I actually ran most of the race, only walking .4 total. I need to build my endurance a bit more, and then I can start working on improving my speed. It was a beautifully sunny day, but cold. It was also windy, which I hadn't anticipated. Not as windy as last year, but it did make it colder.

We replaced our microwave Saturday. We were very blessed to find one in the scratch and dent section for a fraction of its original price. There's good sized dents on the top and side, but only the tiny one on the top edge of the door is visible (and that just barely). It was actually pretty easy to replace, but did take some manhandling to get into place. It's nice to have a working microwave again. Did I mention that our old one was 21 years old?!

I was trying to get a picture of the new microwave, but it was too shiny, so we have a reflection selfie instead

That afternoon I was still feeling energetic, so I started chainsawing the branches from the tree we had taken down a year ago. I have one cut left to finish on the main tree to get it ready for the mobile sawmill (it's so large that the chain goes dull before the cut can be completed), but I was able to get a lot of the branches cut to more manageable sizes. Mr M supervised the kiddos loading the branches on the lawn tractor trailer and transferring them to the brush pile down by the chicken run.

I was super stiff that night from using the chainsaw- it's murder on back muscles even when you try to use good body mechanics- but I wasn't as sore as I was afraid I'd be the next day. We're not done with the brush, but we're making good progress.

I've also made good progress on my big projects for my businesses. I have my vaults set up for people to go to for free and paid content and I have the email sequences and automations done finally. I do have to finish putting codes for forms into one of my sites, and then I need to double check that they work as they should. I'm soo close to being at the maintenance phase with my websites (ie, just writing a weekly post or two for each).

Weekly Mileage
Thursday- 2.15 mile trail run
Saturday- 3.12+.35 miles run during race, plus cool down
total- 4.54  miles

7 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
29.57 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
11.15 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
60.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
100.72 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment