Monday, March 4, 2019

Weekly Mileage #101 and a Good Hike

this little cutie just had to climb the tree. notice the handful of sticks :)

This week was a bit calmer than the previous week, which was nice. I made some good progress on the project for one of my websites, but still have more to do. I did end up spending more time than I'd have liked messing around with the theme (what the website looks like) because it wouldn't do what I wanted (layout and color changes). This resulted in two days spent trying different themes, messing with CSS code (I had to google around for the snippets and instructions on where to put them since I don't really understand how to use it), and a migraine. I finally found a theme that allowed me to easily tweak colors and layout, and didn't require any CSS coding, so at least that's done.


The weather finally cooperated for us to go on a hike on Thursday, though at the beginning we were all grumpy and two out of three kiddos didn't want to go on a hike. As I knew would happen, things improved once we got started. We even had a bit of a scavenger hunt, searching for the trail crew with the chainsaw that we could hear sporadically. We found the trees they'd just cut, only to hear them off in the distance again, cutting more downed trees off the trail (we had a windstorm earlier in the week). We did eventually find the trail crew, but it was fun chasing them down and finding the right trails to turn on to.



Saturday I went for a run (River has decided not to do the race with me in a couple weeks, but I fully expect him to have a meltdown that morning when I leave for the race without him) and upped my distance. It still felt good, though I can tell I'm out of shape and need to be putting more time and effort into getting back into shape. I'd hoped I'd be fully ready for this race, but that will not be the case. It'll be a good benchmark though, and I can start looking for another race to train for.


Weekly Mileage
Wednesday- 10.00 miles biked
Thursday- 2.10 miles hiked with kiddos
Saturday- 3.50 miles run (2 miles total run)
total- 15.65  miles

7 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
21.50 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
7.15 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
50.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
78.65 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment