Monday, March 25, 2019

Weekly Mileage #104 and the Drive-In Theater

cool frost I found at the end of my run

Tuesday morning I went for a trail run. It was below freezing again, which isn't necessarily bad, except all the layers make it hard to be flexible and my neck gaiter (which keeps my lungs happy) fogs up my sunglasses, making it really hard to see. I almost ran into the one other person in the park that morning because I could barely see where I was going.

I'd hoped to do another trail run Thursday, but it was raining most of the night before and all day, making the trails too muddy for running. I ended up just taking the car in for its annual inspection, without a run beforehand like I'd planned. And we had our water heater looked at again. The electrician came just as I was leaving in the shuttle to go pick the car back up- figures- but he was nice enough to wait the 12 minutes it took me to get there and get back home. We thought maybe the other heating element had died, but he thought it was more likely that one or both of the thermostats was damaged when the first heating element died. He replaced both of them, and hopefully we won't have any other problems with it.

I'd planned on riding my bike Wednesday and hitting the treadmill Thursday since I couldn't run outside, but both days I didn't have time until the afternoon, and I wasn't feeling it by then. I'm on week 10 of my detoxing, and I've retraced a lot of old symptoms from various illnesses and such, but I'm on one of the worst ones yet, and I'm not sure how long it will last. The others haven't lasted too long, though I'm now thinking all the headaches I've been having lately are retracing the injury from my accident when I was 14 and all the headaches and migraines I've had since then (27+ years at this point). The headaches are mostly gone now, but it took about a month to work through them.

The stomach pain and nausea were only part of my life for about 10 years, so hopefully it won't take longer than the week I've been dealing with it so far (the nausea and pain has definitely been a lot better the last couple days, so I'm hopeful I'm almost through it). It hasn't been fun, but it was a good reminder of how far I've come from the constant stomach pains and nausea that I experienced for so long. I don't miss them at all.

Despite the stomach pain and nausea, I finally finished my email automations and all the codes are on my second website and I'm ready to turn things over to my Pinterest VA to start driving traffic to it! Super exciting. It's taken a lot of hard work and frustration and learning new things to get to this point. I have a few small things to do this week for both websites, but once those are done I'll be spending my extra work time (after my weekly writing allotments) on some furniture projects that need to be taken care of. We also have some projects in the yard that need to be taken care of once the chainsawing is all done.

Speaking of chainsawing, Saturday I did some more, but I only ran the chainsaw until the tank of gas was empty (I did 3 or 4 tanks' worth last Saturday). The smaller branches are just about done and the bigger branches/logs are stacked in one spot to make it quicker to get them all cut up. I do still have a couple cuts to do on the main trunk pieces, but we need to get a new chain before I do that. The one I've been using can't be sharpened anymore and needs to be trashed.

snuggled up, waiting for the movie to start

Saturday evening we went to opening night at the drive-in theater. They were showing Captain Marvel, which might not have been the best choice for opening night. They were pretty full (almost to capacity) and the lines to get in and at the concession stand were really long. They'll get things running smoother as the season goes on. It was a bit chilly by the time the sun set (mid-40s) so we snuggled together in the back of the car. Ocean didn't fall asleep until the last 15 minutes of the movie, so he was fun to deal with on Sunday, but other than that, we had a good time. If you haven't seen it yet, you should! Sunshine says her new favorite female super hero is Captain Marvel, supplanting Wonder Woman :)

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 1.44 mile trail run
total- 1.44  miles

7 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
31.01 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
11.15 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
60.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
102.16 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment