Monday, January 6, 2020

Weekly Mileage #145 and the New Years Day 5k


Monday I went on two hikes. I had planned on doing one Monday and one Tuesday, but ultimately decided to do them both Monday. So I went into town to the nature preserve and did one hike before running some errands. After finishing my errands, I went to the trails park and did my second hike, which put me at 52 hikes for the year.


Unfortunately, I misremembered my mileage total, and came up .01 mile short of 365. I realized this at 8:30pm Monday, so I didn't do anything about it then, but luckily, I still had time to do it Tuesday.

Tuesday I walked 1.09 miles on the treadmill to bring me to 366 for the year. Because doing just .01 mile on the treadmill seemed really silly.

We had a low-key New Years Eve. We watched movies, ate snacks, etc. I used our new Ninja Foodi to make perfectly crispy GF egg rolls without actually frying them. We still love our Instant Pot, but we are loving the air frying capability of the Foodi, which the IP doesn't have. The larger pot of the Foodi is also handy for cooking up larger chunks of meat.

pre-race selfie: isn't River a cutie?

Wednesday morning River and I ran the New Years Day 5k. I've run this race several times over the years (20182016, 20152013), but it's not an every year thing. I like this course: it's fairly flat with gently rolling hills that don't kill your momentum. Much easier than the hilly Turkey Trot.

pre-race selfie with a not-so-cute River :)

Cheese!

We ran the whole race together, but he left me in the dust the last tenth of a mile and beat me by a wider margin than he has so far. We ran all of the first mile, walked about .1 mile, then ran the rest of the second. We alternated running and walking on the third mile. I've only worked up to 2 miles with my trail running, and it was obvious in how this race went. 

3.08 miles in 38:08

running the final stretch to the finish line

I definitely need to work on improving my stamina- I was pretty tired the rest of the day. I'd like to get to the point where that isn't the case and that I can run longer distances without being wiped out for the rest of the day.

Later that day we started putting Christmas stuff away. After Sunshine took the decorations off the tree, Ocean decided it needed some new decorations. So he fixed the situation.

doggy at the top

Batman here?

no, this is a better spot for Batman

proud decorator

Then River got in on the action as well.


Thursday we had park day a day early to take advantage of nicer weather. Then I did some yard work. I mowed the leaves one last time for the season. Then I re-stacked the wood by the treehouse (the boys kept knocking it over) and did some general tidying.

Sunshine and her friend

Friday we did some more yard work. The kids filled last the last two garden boxes while I fixed the chicken run fence. We had a tree fall across two sides of the fence awhile ago, rendering it unusable. It's mostly fixed, but I need to do a little more work in there before the chickens can actually use the larger run.

The kids gave me a giant fuzzy sweatshirt for Christmas because I'm always wrapping up in whatever fleece blanket I can find. The boys keep stealing it though. In this particular instance the boys were arguing over it and we realized they could both fit in it.



Saturday I spent the day working on blog stuff. I'm moving content from one membership site to the other and getting ready to launch that info on my travel site. It's not hard, but it is time consuming.

Sunday we moved to 12 noon church. I'd prefer 10 or 10:30, but noon is good. 9 was definitely a struggle, especially as I've tried to get my narcolepsy figured out.

I've been having insomnia for the last week and a half or so. I'm not sure why, but even my usual stuff I do isn't helping :(  Maybe it's stress? The worst is that I'm consciously making an effort to get to bed earlier so I can get up earlier and get a couple hours of work in before it's time to start running around. I'm trying to be more intentional with when I work so it's not just squeezed in wherever I can fit it. Hopefully this will result in more productive work time, as well as less time spent working (because I'm being more productive). So possibly my brain is self-sabotaging with trying to go to bed earlier?

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.20 mile hike
Monday- 1.45 mile hike
Tuesday- 1.09 treadmill walk
2019 total- 4.74 miles

Wednesday- 3.46 New Years 5k & cool down
Thursday- 2.40 mile outdoor walk
Friday- 1.25 mile outdoor walk
total- 7.11 miles

2019 totals
52 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.56 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
176.19 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
42.25 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
145.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
366.0 miles total

2020 totals
0 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
7.11 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
0.0 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
0.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
7.11 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment