Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday Funny


This happened a few months ago.

River: "Mom, you gotta come here."
Me: "Why?"
River: "There's a giant spider in the basement."
Me: "Well, get a shoe and squish it."
River: "I can't. I'm afraid it will jump on my face."
Me: (sighing) "Ok."

I went down stairs, looked at the <admittedly> giant spider, went back upstairs and grabbed my phone for a picture and a rain boot for squishing purposes.


It wasn't inclined to move around a lot, so I also grabbed a ruler to get an accurate measurement of its size. And then I squished it. I thought about trying to put it outside, but I wasn't sure it wouldn't try to jump on my face.


Definitely the biggest spider I've seen around here. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about, even several months later <shudder>. And yes, it probably was a friendly, helpful spider, but I don't want to share our house with spiders that large, even if they are friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment