Monday, September 2, 2019

Weekly Mileage #127 and the Kidney Stone

I saw this in the Costco parking lot. It applies to both the current political situation and my kidney stone pain

Monday evening I had some stabbing pains that at first I thought were some weird period-related pain. My cycle is so much better than it was a year and a half ago, but every once in a while something odd pops up. It still hurt the next day and Tuesday afternoon I was laying on the couch and I could feel the stabbing pain move towards my feet and it dawned on me that it was most likely a kidney stone moving from my kidney to my bladder. By Tuesday night it was in my bladder, and it's still hanging around in there. Every once in awhile it moves and I can feel it, but for the most part, it doesn't bother me, which is nice after a couple days (and nights) of pain.

I drink lots of water, so I'm not sure how I got a kidney stone. Possibly one of the supplements I take caused it? Though I looked into them, and no one else has had kidney stone problems. So it could just be my genetics catching up with  me again. This is my first one and it's definitely not something I want to do again.

Wednesday was Ocean's last 8 am speech therapy appointment. We can't switch to a once a week schedule unfortunately, but we moved the Thursday 8am slot to Friday at 8:30 and the Wednesday 8am slot to Monday at 2. I'm not convinced the 2 pm slot is a good one, but it was the only other doable option. The extra half hour on Friday makes a huge difference. Traffic is practically nonexistent, so we can even leave a few minutes later, and parking is not an issue. Ditching the two early mornings in a row is the best part though.

Thursday was a 5th Thursday, so I took advantage of the extra Thursday to encourage the YW to finish their Personal Progress goals before the end of the year. I found some 'finish your Personal Progress in 12 weeks' schedules, but we have 17 weeks left, so I altered them to account for the extra time and combined the features of the two schedules I found (one included Book of Mormon reading assignments, the other included Value Project hours) to be as all inclusive as possible. I will be endeavoring to complete the program as well and earn my Personal Progress award.

Thursday after YW, Mr M drove Sunshine to her friend's house to celebrate her birthday. S had a 4 day weekend because of Labor Day, so Sunshine got to spend a couple days hanging out and having fun. Her family has moved a bit closer since their last visit at Sunshine's birthday, so the girls might even get an extra visit between their birthdays.

Friday I went to the doctor. I had a period of lightheadness Monday night getting out of the tub and again Thursday while in the shower. I've also been feeling crummy: possibly an infection? I didn't have a fever and my blood pressure is fine, which was my main concern. I also don't have a UTI. When I pass the stone, if I catch it I can bring it in and they'll analyze it so I know what to look out for and avoid. Not the most helpful doctor visit ever, but at least we were able to cross a couple possibilities off the list.

the boys kept themselves occupied while we were at the doctor

Saturday I was still feeling crummy, but now I'm thinking it's something to do with my sinuses. They've been goopy since I got sick at the beginning of July. I haven't been able to get rid of the post-nasal drip and I've had a number of sinus headaches, so there must be something hanging around in there.

No mileage this week since I felt so crummy. The pain and bloating I had most of the week are gone now, so I should be back on track this coming week.

Weekly Mileage
total- 0 miles

16 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.56 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
80.29 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
41.16 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
80.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
204.01 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment