Monday, May 6, 2019

Weekly Mileage #110 and the Delayed Easter Egg Hunt

Look at these adorable boys! Photo courtesy of their preschool teacher.

Monday I went for a trail run. This is the perfect time of year for it weather wise, though my allergies let me know they're still around. Totally manageable though- just itchy eyes and sneezing, and not bad enough to warrant allergy meds.


Our music teacher loves the music book I made for her and wanted some contact info to hand out to people who asked about the book, so I made a business card holder for my business cards to leave with her.


Tuesday I rode my bike for the first time in quite awhile. My bum let me know it wasn't happy, but it felt good to finally do some pedaling again. After music lessons we all drove Mr M to the VA hospital in the city for a cortisone shot in his back. He wasn't allowed to drive after the procedure, hence the need for me to be his chauffeur. It took longer than we expected, which shouldn't have been a surprise, but somehow was. The boys did quite well, all things considered.


Wednesday morning I was too tired to get on the treadmill before Ocean's speech therapy appointment, so it didn't happen. We did get a short hike in during nature group in the afternoon, so it wasn't a complete loss.


I was also too tired the rest of the week to exercise. Trying to get my sleep schedule and food and exercise back on track has its challenges, but since they help my symptoms if they're on track, it's worth the effort and frustration. Everything got off track when I got sick, and it's proving more challenging than I expected it would. More incentive to stay on track as much as possible next time I get sick. And more incentive to stay on track even when our schedule changes, like on our road trip this summer.


Friday the boys' finally had their preschool Easter egg hunt. It had been canceled the two previous weeks because of rain. The kids all had fun and the parents were glad to finally cross it off the to-do list :)


Sunshine's birthday was this week, so Friday night her best friend S came for a visit. Her family moved several years ago, but the girls stay in touch via Facetime and get together for their birthdays every year. This year that included a sleepover at our house, which they were super excited about. They actually showed a lot of restraint and didn't stay up super late. They had a great time and are already planning their next visit, at the end of summer, for S's birthday.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.01 mile trail run
Tuesday- 10.0 mile bike ride
Thursday- 1.95 mile nature group hike
total- 13.96 miles

11 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
51.26 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
11.15 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
70.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
132.41 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment