Monday, September 16, 2019

Weekly Mileage #129 and the Court of Honor

fairly certain this was an inadvertent lap selfie, but it was the only picture taken this week :)

Monday was Ocean's first day of preschool this year. Like last year, he's only attending on Mondays. He had a great time and didn't seem to miss his brother ;)

Ocean's speech therapy appointments Monday afternoons and Friday mornings are working out much better than the Wednesday and Thursday early morning appointments. I would still prefer them to be at the old location since the extra time driving cuts into work and school time, but there's nothing to be done about that.

Monday evening Sunshine's troop had their fall court of honor and she received her first merit badge (photography), which she earned in the spring but forgot to turn in her blue card before the last court of honor. She's close to earning her 2nd class rank, but couldn't quite get everything done before the court of honor.

Tuesday Sunshine went to the orthodontist and got her expander put in (it was called a quadrahelix when I had one in elementary school), and they added some brackets to start moving her canines into place. Her mouth has been on the sore side this week. At least she's getting a little bit here, a little bit there, rather than the whole mouth all at once. She'd really be hating life then.

Wednesday I went to the doctor because of all the headaches I've had lately. I don't have a sinus infection, but my sinuses are a bit swollen. So I'm now using a neti pot in addition to my daily saline spray and some flonase. My sinuses do feel much less congested and the sinus pressure in my face has lessened, but I'm still getting headaches. We've had a lot of storms and stormclouds the last month, and I think I'm getting barometric pressure headaches. I haven't really had them here, though I got them all the time in Colorado. I'm a little concerned that I'm getting them at such a low elevation- I always figured they were something that only happened at higher elevations.

Thursday we played glow in the dark volleyball in the gym for our YW activity. It was a lot of fun! I had bought a volleyball with an LED light in it on Amazon, but it only lasted a half hour or so before it started spazzing out. It was more than a little disconcerting to all of a sudden not be able to see the ball, but know it's coming right at you. We also used an inflatable beach ball that had an LED light in it, but that light burned out as well (it had been well used during girls camp) so someone shoved a couple glow sticks in it.

The beach ball actually worked really well for volleyball. It moved slow enough that it was easy for most people to hit and the weight of the glow sticks sent it in unexpected directions :) We taped long necklace glow sticks to the corners and edges of the net so it could be seen and everyone wore at least a couple glow stick bracelets. I'm returning the faulty volleyball and ordering a couple inflatable volleyballs with LED lights in them for next time, as I'm sure there will be a next time.

Saturday we went to visit our former neighbors. They moved this summer, but they're only a couple hours away, so they're close enough to visit on occasion. These are the neighbors that have a boy River's age, twins Ocean's age, and a baby. All the boys would run back and forth between our yard and theirs, having a grand time. They've all missed that, so we went out for a play date that they all enjoyed.

My headaches are finally improving a bit, but I still didn't feel great most of the week and I didn't get any mileage in.

Weekly Mileage
total-  0 miles

17 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.56 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
82.28 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
41.16 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
80.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
206.00 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment