Monday, June 3, 2019

Weekly Mileage #114 and June 5k

River has my dark brown eyes :)
he's totally cheesing here, though

We had so much rain over the weekend which slowed down our driveway project, but I'll post more on that later this week.

I ate a s'more Memorial Day evening. I know better, but did it anyway and paid for it the next day. I felt so crummy. Reactions like that are making it easier to stay away from sugar though. It's just not worth feeling crappy.


In between all the work we were doing with the Bobcat, we had a mobile sawmill come in and mill the logs from the dead oak tree we had taken down last year. They've been sitting on the ground for the last year, but there was less waste than I thought there'd be. We now have a stack of lumber to finish building the treehouse (a ground floor level and an actual house on the top level) and a mantel for our fireplace.

first planks from the first log

There are some nice wide planks that I want to build something cool with, but I need to figure out what. I'll probably save the nicest pieces once they're dried and store them till I come up with something. We'll need to get a planer though, as this is just rough cut wood. It'll be fine for the treehouse and mantle, but not for building a piece of furniture.

Thursday Mr M took the kids to Busch Gardens, where they all had lots of fun. I stayed home and tried to work through some really high anxiety levels that were making me unable to deal with life. I haven't felt that bad in a really long time, and I think it was the result of several factors.

I was super stressed out about the Bobcat situation (more on that in the driveway post later this week) and the delays in getting our projects done within the time available. I also think all the noise from the machinery running for so many days was just more than my HSP (highly sensitive person) system could handle (noise has always been a trigger for me). I was wearing ear muffs, but it wasn't enough to completely block out the noise of the Bobcat and the sawmill. Add in stress about the mud that was EVERYWHERE (including every room in the house), feeling physically crummy as a result of eating that s'more on Monday, and it was a recipe for disaster.

the boys have sure enjoyed the mud
they have literally rolled in the mud puddles

So I stayed home and tried to minimize stimuli and focus on lowering my anxiety levels. They'd been worsening for several days, but Thursday was definitely the worst. It took all day, but by nighttime I was finally feeling functional and back on an even keel.

Friday I finally finished my last Wood Badge ticket item. I'd hoped to be done by the end of April, but allowed other things to take precedence, so it didn't happen. All I need to do now is make sure all my materials are organized and email my counselor so we can figure out when I'll get my beads.

I heard back from the pediatric endocrinologist. Sunshine's thyroid and hormone levels all look good, so nothing to worry about there. The x-rays of her growth plates put her bones at about an 11-year-olds, which explains the delayed entrance to puberty and slower growth. We'll go back in 6 months and see if she's started growing by then.

Saturday morning River and I ran a 5k. This was my 8th year in a row running this race. I haven't been putting in the mileage I should have, but I was also accommodating his pace, so it was the slowest finish I've had yet on this course. It was hot and sweaty like it always is, but not as bad as it's been in the past- much more manageable this time.

hot and sweaty after the race

2019  44:26, with River
2018  40:21, just me, but so out of shape
2017  33:46, just me!
2016  39:21, pushed Ocean in the jogger
2015  41:19, pregnant with Ocean (34 weeks)
2014  38:11, pushed River in the jogger
2013  40:02, pregnant with River (23 weeks)
2012  39:23, pushed Sunshine in the jogger

On the way home he asked when my next race would be (a four mile race at the end of August). Then he asked if there was any one mile races, and I remembered that I'd seen one advertised for a couple weeks for now. He said he wanted to do it, so when we got home I looked it up and we'll be doing a one mile race in two weeks.

a recent notebook I sold: lined paper and a snap-closing flap

Despite all the anxiety issues I dealt with this week, it was a good one. We ended up under budget on our driveway projects and sawmilling (unheard of, I know!), my Etsy shop sales are picking up, and my RV ebook is being included in a travel bundle in July! I'll receive a commission on sales, but it will also introduce my website to a large audience that may not already be aware of me.

Weekly Mileage
Wednesday- 2.00 miles walking and stacking lumber
Saturday- 3.10 miles run and walked
Saturday- 1.17 miles re-stacking lumber
total- 6.27 miles

11 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
58.53 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
15.87 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
80.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
154.40 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment