Monday, June 24, 2019

Weekly Mileage #117 and More RV Work



Tuesday Sunshine went to Girls Camp. The stake camp director runs it and she already had all the adult volunteers she needed, so I didn't get to go. I'm planning on changing that for next summer, though honestly, I'd rather do girls camp as a ward than a stake. More work for us, but I think the experience would be better.

I worked on the RV some more, getting it ready for our upcoming road trip. I'll do a post with before and after pics when I have a bit more time. In the meantime, I picked up where I left off last week, and caulked where I had painted and wallpapered. Then, I wallpapered the side walls of the over-cab bed. I had just enough to do those spaces, with a bit of jigsawing and matching seams.


Then it was time to put everything back together. I brought the jackknife sofa, mattresses, and dinette cushions back into the RV. They'd been living in our library for the last month or so, so it was nice to finally clear that room out. I put the sofa back together and bolted it in place, the put the blinds back up.


I tidied up the water damaged areas in the kitchen, then constructed a new piece for the back of the dinette. It was super thin plywood that had cracked the first time someone leaned on it and it had been getting worse. I also built a shelf in the large hall closet to make better use of that space.

Friday night I went to girls camp for ward night and to bring girls home.

Saturday I started digging in the garden boxes but I stopped once the garden area was in full sun. I switched to spreading the mulch around the treehouse and trampoline, since that area was in the shade. It took some time, but it looks better and it's nice to cover up all that mud. Now we just have to wait for our next mulch drop off so we can finish covering the area.

see the mud puddle?

I also dug out the area at the end of the pipe that drains the condensation from the air conditioner. It's been a muddy mess this year (but not in previous years, and I' not sure why) and Ocean positively delights in standing in the mud puddle and rubbing mud all over his arms and legs. Every day. I don't mind a little mud, but this was getting excessive. So I dug a hole, put gravel in it, then rocks on top. Hopefully it will drain better than just the clay it was dripping onto before. Ocean tried to pull the rocks off so he could get to the water, so I had to set some ground rules. Mainly that he was NOT to pull the rocks off.

no more mud puddles!

I also put some log pieces on end in a circle around the treehouse. We'd hauled them down from the far side of the parking circle when we rented the Bobcat, but had just dumped them in a pile. I separated some of them out so the boys have a balance trail.

Spreading the huge mulch pile meant a lot of walking back and forth, and I logged a bit more than 4 miles in the process. I'm so sore from all the lifting, twisting, and carrying.


It was a hot and sweaty day, though the temperature was supposedly only in the 80s. I feel like I react worse to heat these days, a side effect of the narcolepsy, I think, since it's a fairly new reaction. I get tired more easily and my heart rate goes up more quickly. It's a bit discouraging and a contributing factor (among many) to why my mileage is still quite low. I'm still finding out how much I can do and still have energy for other things. It's not at the same spot as in the past. I definitely did too much on Saturday, but I really wanted to get that mulch pile spread before it settled any more, which makes it harder to spread. I did not finish the garden beds because I was just too tired and sore and did not have the energy to do anything more.

Being YW president is already more stressful than when I was RS president. Odd, since there's only about 2 dozen girls in YW, but all the drama seems so much more intense. And they're at such a vulnerable time of life- I feel so much more responsible for them than I did for the couple hundred women in RS.

Weekly Mileage
Saturday- 4.34 miles walked
total- 4.34 miles

12 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
1.25 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
67.49 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
15.87 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
80.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
164.61 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment