Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekly Mileage #74 and the 4 Mile Race


Monday I finally finished the leather practice books for Sunshine and River. I love how they turned out, and now just need to do a few more samples to take pictures of, then I can list them on Etsy. I'll do a post just about them soon. In the meantime, here's some pictures.



Wednesday Mr M took Sunshine and River to Busch Gardens (free tickets for military!). They only allow three dependent tickets, but rather than pay for the fourth we'd need, I stayed home with Ocean and got a good amount of much-needed work done. And Ocean took a nice long afternoon nap.


I was dragging on Thursday am and really not feeling up to my scheduled 12 mile long run on the treadmill. I decided to just do 5 or 6 miles, but once I hit the 3 mile mark I was feeling pretty good, so I kept going and even did a bit more than my scheduled 12 miles- 13.2 total. I only ran 8 of those miles, but considering how I felt going into it, I'm very pleased with how much I managed. This was my last long run before the half marathon in just under two weeks, so I'm glad I was able to get the miles in.


Friday I intended to ride my bike for 5 miles to loosen things up, but I never quite managed it. We were up early so the RV could get picked up for its last rental, and after Thursday's workout I was still tired. I'd also thought about going on a hike, but that didn't happen either.


Saturday I ran the 4 mile race I've run the last 3 years. I really like the course- rolling hills past farm fields and cow pastures. I only walked half a mile total, but my legs were still tired from Thursday, so despite running most of the race, my speed was not what it could have been. 46:24 this year, which is faster than last year, but slower than the year before. I couldn't really help the timing of that long workout though, and it's not a bad thing to run on tired legs. Unless you're hoping for a PR.

C and I at the starting line

We had a lot to do on Saturday, and I'm proud of myself for keeping moving and getting most of the list checked off. We did some much-needed deep cleaning, tidied and decluttered, and moved some furniture around. We have a couple pieces I'm planning on selling, but I needed to do the wax coat on the one I painted and I needed to clear out and wipe down the other piece. I'll do a post about those later, though, so no pics yet.

One reason I was able to keep going, despite tired, sore feet? This Foot Rubz ball I just got on Amazon. Those little nubs get into all the nooks and crannies around the tendons and make everything feel so much better. Still sore, but not nearly as sore as I was before I started using it. My plantar fasciitis was not screaming at me, despite all the time I've spent on my feet lately, so that's a huge win. Good thing they're cheap, since I might have to order another one. The boys keep trying to steal it to play with, and I have the feeling that one day they will co-opt it permanently, and I'd better be prepared.

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 10.00 miles on the bike
Wednesday- 4.00 miles on the treadmill
Thursday- 13.20 miles on the treadmill
Saturday- 4.22 miles during and after the race
    total- 31.42 miles

18 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.14 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
233.30 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
245.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
480.44 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment