Monday, August 6, 2018

Weekly Mileage #71 and the String Art



Last week the forecast called for lots of rain, so on Monday we started trying to go for a hike, but we never managed it because it really did rain as much as the forecast said it would. I don't mind hiking in a sprinkle or even a light rain, but we've been getting these deluges that just soak you through. They can last quite awhile, they pop up unpredictably, and you never know when they'll start. Not an ideal recipe for a successful hike with children.


I spent a good amount of time working on my other site, fixing some things I should have done from the beginning. Search engine optimization is tedious, but necessary if you want people to find you through search engines (which I do, of course....). I never worried about SEO with this blog, since I never monetized it, and I continued doing similar things when I started my new blog last year.


But I was not attracting traffic or building a following. That needed to change, so I hired a Pinterest Virtual Assistant back in June and she's been driving traffic to my site through Pinterest, which reminded me I needed to figure out the SEO thing and get things updated. I've still got a ways to go (it's tedious and time consuming to go back through each and every post, and there's more than a hundred of them), but I've also started optimizing new posts as I write them, so at least I won't have to go back and fix those as well.


I was asked to teach a class for an upcoming craft day at church, but I needed to make some samples for people to see so they'd know what they were making. I was a little hesitant about saying yes (I'm trying not to say yes to everything these days because of all the other things on my plate), but I've missed making things, so I went for it. I spent a few hours making the samples and it was quite satisfying to do something creative with my hands. I haven't made many things lately because of all the time I've been spending on the computer, working on my site, and I've missed it.

this one was a pain to do, but the others all came together pretty fast

Saturday I did my long run on the treadmill, which is not my preferred location, but was a better alternative than running outside in the heat and humidity. I was able to run 6.5 miles out of 9.5 miles, which felt good, but I'm still very low on my running mileage. On the other hand, I am getting lots of walking and biking miles, so I'm not quite as undertrained as I sometimes have been in the past.


While I was doing that, Mr M took the kiddos (and our kayaks) to a church youth activity at a local lake. Mr M was so busy trying to keep an eye on Ocean that he didn't get any pictures (I sure know what that's like), but fun was had by all.


Weekly Mileage
Monday- 3.05 miles on the treadmill
Wednesday- 6.00 miles on the treadmill
Friday- 10.00 miles on the bike
Saturday- 9.50 miles on the treadmill
    total- 28.55 miles

15 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.14 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
182.77 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
225.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
409.91 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment